Two Funerals

In the end, when we are said and done we should be equal
At that crossroads a point of our dying breath we should be equal
A tear of one or a tear of thousands our creation should be marked as equal

How is it then that they sing for one but not for the other
each one marking the world so close in time
How is it then that the crowd the room for one but so empty for the other

I know not of one but I do of the other and my tears are stronger for knowing
just because so many did not know the smile the impression so strong
does not mean it meant less in the world

What if it had been so differently would more tears have fallen
what if, what if, what if?

I believe however that THEY will sing so loudly just the same
They will rejoice in that life just the same
I will remember just the same

Comments

Popular Posts